I’ve been on the hunt for the best faux Christmas garland and I’m here to share 17 of the best faux garlands I could find and some other seasonal wreaths and stems.
The Christmas and Holiday season is here and it’s time to start thinking about dragging out your Christmas boxes from the attic or basement. Last year I wanted to update my Faux Garland game but I waited a little too long and the items I wanted were sold out. So I am starting early this year to find the perfect garland for our home and hopefully yours too!
Up until last year I’ve always used fresh garland on my stair rail and fireplace. And up until last year I felt like I was cheating to use any type of faux plant or greenery. I was a living or real plant/greenery die hard. However, after all the years of sticking with fresh or real garland I realized how silly that mentality was. Especially around the holiday season.
Every year I would decorate and every year my garland would dry up and leave a mess all over the place. I finally woke up and decided it was time to start using a faux Christmas garland and that the world would continue along even though I was using fake plants. Embracing faux brought freedom!
Affiliate links are provided below. Please see my full disclosure.
Shop the Photo:
Why I Love Faux Christmas Garland
With faux garland you can decorate on your schedule not the other way around. I prefer my home decor to be on my schedule. I can get faux garland out in November and it stays looking great until the new year! Perfection!
Real pine garland has to be cared for; it’s like having a baby in the house. You can’t put fresh garland out too early in the season because it lasts maybe 2 weeks at best.
A few years ago I waited to decorate my fireplace with fresh garland and greenery a few days before all the family arrived, but one night my husband flipped the fireplace on and fell asleep. Hours later and hours of running the fireplace (crazy gas bill) all my fresh garland was as dry as a bone with all the needles literally falling off. I had to remove it all and start again. Not cool!
Faux Cedar Garland
I’m starting with Cedar garland since cedar is my favorite holiday greenery of all time. However, it’s difficult to find a lot of faux cedar that looks and feels real, but I’ve found a few to share with you that have great reviews.
Garland has come a long way over the years. The majority of garland has been stiff and unrealistic but garland makers have gotten on board with creating garland that can mimic the real thing. I love it!!
- Terrain Cedar Garland is lovely and one of my favorite faux cedar garlands out there. It has a nice realistic look and feel but grab it fast as it sells out quickly. This is in a shopping cart right now ready for me to purchase.
2. Cedar Garland from Pottery Barn is more of a full look garland and not so drapey in a sense. It’s a bit on the pricier side but it is nice and lush so you don’t need as many to create a full look. The price includes a set of two.
Source: Pottery Barn
3. Etsy Cedar Garland This garland is beautiful! So realistic and full and has a nice draping effect as it’s not stiff and unrealistic.
3. Cedar Garland from Mcgee is crafted with a real look and creates texture when decorating your fireplace. front door or anywhere you want a lovely draping faux real look garland.
Source: Mcgee Co.
4. Frontgate Faux Cedar Garland has realistic cypress and cedar tips with faux pine cones and willow branches. Some of the more costly garland I have found; however, it is 9ft can be used inside or out and is pre-lit with 120 white LED lights. This is more of the bells and whistle garland.
Shop Cedar Garland:
Faux Pine Garland
I love soft, loose pine branches draping from the doorway or mantel for the holidays but the real deal is so messy. Don’t lose heart as I’ve got some realistic alternatives to share with you.
- Anthropologie Pine Garland is lovely and also a garland in my shopping cart. It’s 72″ long and is a very lifelike green garland that mimics pine branch needles.
2. Crate & Barrel White Pine Garland Create has feathery silver needles that feels lifelike and is lovely draped on a mantel or railing. I love the look of white pine and this garland is gorgeous!
Source: Crate & Barrel
2. National Tree Pine Christmas Garland is going to feel more like traditional garland. Not necessarily real touch but a lovely garland. Comes in at 9ft long using the look of Winchester Pine. There is also the same garland but comes pre-lit. National Tree Pine Pre-lit Garland.
Shop Pine Garland:
Faux Magnolia Garlands
Next on the list is Magnolia. I LOVE magnolia and it’s another favorite and I had a time sharing this over the cedar but the cedar garland won out for holiday garland! Magnolia is lovely on it’s own or paired with other greenery.
- Terrain Magnolia Garland – Life-like and inspired by nature; this magnolia garland looks realistic and is to shape to use in any decor.
2. Aloral Magnolia Garland is life like and stunning. It is 82″ long and perfect for Christmas and the winter months too. It makes a great transition garland after the holidays.
3. Pottery Barn Magnolia Garland is likely my favorite and very life like. Magnolia is the perfect Christmas and winter garland.
Source: Pottery Barn
Shop Magnolia Garland:
Faux Mixed Greenery Garland
Woodland Cedar & Pine 9′ Pre-Lit Garland is a a mix of cedar and pine. Nine feet in length and comes pre-lit and ready to hang. This garland is more than just pre-lit; the lights are warm LED with an eight hour timer and an eight function remote.
Red Berry and Pine Garland brings the winter landscape inside. Greenery that looks natural with real pine cones and twigs really brightens the space. This would be gorgeous on any mantel especially if you are wanting just the right touch of red.
Source: Crate and Barrel
Greenery and Berry Garland is your more traditional garland with mixed greenery branches, pinecones and berries. Six feet in length.
Shop Mixed Green Garland:
Preserved and Fresh Garland
If faux garland is just not your thing then I did include some lovely fresh and preserved garland
- Fresh Eucalyptus + Bay Leaf Garland is fragrant and includes seeded eucalyptus, spiral eucalyptus and bay leaf. Will remain fresh for 2-3 weeks.
2. Pottery Barn Olive Leaf and Myrtle Garland smells great with olive leaves and myrtle branches. This looks great draped on a stair rail or mantle.
Source: Pottery Barn
Preserved Boxwood Garland by Sugar paper is made with real boxwood that has been preserved. There is nothing like real garland and even though this is not fresh it’s the next best thing! Add this six feet of garland to your banister or mantel or dining table.
More Preserved and Fresh Garland
And a Few Christmas Wreaths & Stems
Why stop at garland when wreaths and faux stems are just as important?! I’ve rounded up several wreaths and stems for you to chose from for all your Christmas and holiday decorating.
I love the wreaths I found last year for my windows and they are just from Walmart. They won’t break the bank either if you need several as they are only $12.99. I used them in windows in our dining room, living room and kitchen hanging with green velvet ribbon. Hanging them from our windows was easy.
Here is a great round up of some lovely wreaths and holiday pine and berry stems for your Christmas decorating this season!
RELATED Christmas Decor POSTS:
Looking for even more Christmas decorating inspiration? Click any of the posts below to read the full article!
- Christmas Tree Collar Ideas
- Green, Blue and Lovely Christmas Bedroom
- Simple Christmas Fireplace Mantel
- My Velvet Bow Christmas Tree
- How to Hang Christmas Wreaths on Windows