Easy Berry Banana Bread Recipe
Use up those ripe bananas to make this easy berry banana bread recipe. This is the best banana bread recipe ever; moist and delicious, and only one mixing bowl required.
This banana bread recipe, with added berries, has been a family favorite ever since we moved to Tennessee. Truly, I make this about once a week and it’s usually consumed within two days with me only getting one slice, if I’m lucky. Once my husband starts eating, he usually devours the loaf pretty fast! If you want a slice, you’d better grab it because it won’t last.
Berry Banana Bread is made with just seven staple ingredients, bananas and fresh berries. Sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, eggs, vanilla and butter. Toss everything into one mixing bowl and you are ready to bake in about five minutes.
This post contains affiliate links where I can receive commission from your purchases, thank your support. Please read my full disclosure.
Why You’ll Love This Bread:
Berry Banana Bread Ingredients
What’s great about this recipe is that you likely have all the ingredients in your pantry. I usually buy bananas every week and set aside three of them to ripen so I can make this amazing bread. You can also purchase discounted ripe bananas at most grocery stores if you just can’t wait to make this bread.
- Bananas – Perfectly ripe gives the spread its sweet flavor
- Sugar – Granulated sugar
- Flour – All purpose flour
- Baking Soda – The leavening agent in this easy quick bread
- Vanilla – Adds depth of flavor
- Salt – This ingredient brings out all the flavors in this simple bread
- Egg – The binding agent
- Unsalted Butter – What makes this bread so moist
- Berries – Fresh or frozen
You can make this recipe with just bananas if you like and leave the berries out, or you can just add blueberries instead of mixed berries. Really, the possibilities are endless.
Fresh or Frozen Berries?
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this easy Mixed Berry Banana Bread Recipe, but I prefer using fresh. However, if you choose to use frozen berries, make sure you gently fold them into the batter immediately out of the freezer. This will reduce the chance of your Blueberry Bread turning purple.
More Recipe Posts
How to Make Easy Berry Banana Bread
This bread is super easy; just add ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl, grease your baking dish and place in the oven. Be prepared as the aroma will have your mouth watering in no time.
- Mash the bananas
- Add your melted butter, egg and vanilla
- Pour in the sugar
- Add baking soda and salt
- Add the flour slowly being careful not to over mix
- Fold in your berries or other stir ins
How to Store
We don’t usually have to store this bread because it’s consumed too quickly. However, you can make this bread ahead of time and freeze if necessary. Perhaps there are only two in your family and you want to save half a loaf for another time. No problem.
- Room Temperature – Store this quick bread in a sealed plastic bag or covered in saran wrap at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Refrigerate – Up to 1 week in an airtight container.
- Freeze – Wrap them tightly in heavy foil, saran wrap or place them in freezer bags (I like to do at least 2 to prevent freezer odors from seeping in), and freeze for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature to serve.
•Use Over-Ripe Bananas – ensures this bread is sweet and moist
•Fold in the Berries – Careful not to stir in the berries too much
•Don’t Overfill Your Loaf Pan – Fill 2/3 full to compensate for rise
•Make a loaf or muffins – use one loaf pan or muffin pan
•Grease Baking Pan – Ensure to grease your baking dishes for easy removal
•Test with a Toothpick – Bake time varies with oven, altitude, loaf pan size and material. Insert a toothpick in the center of the bread; if it comes out clean, it’s ready to be removed from the oven.
Tools to Use
Shop this Post
Did You Make This Berry Banana Bread Recipe?
Would love to know if you made this easy berry banana bread and if you enjoyed it. It is definitely a family favorite for sure, easy to make, moist and delicious and a crowd pleaser. Hope you and your family like it as much as our family does.
Follow for home decor, DIY and to shop: Instagram | Pinterest | LiketoKnowit
Berry Banana Bread Recipe
Easy Berry Banana Bread
No need for a mixer for this recipe! You can mix all the ingredients in one bowl.
These easy to make berry banana bread is moist and delicious. Using over-ripe bananas ensures this bread is moist and naturally sweet.
- 3-4 medium very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup (76g) butter, unsalted or salted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup sugar (if you like it more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup berries (mixed or just blueberries) plus extra for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas and add the butter - In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour to the wet ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the berries or any other variations you are adding to the bread.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Add a few berries to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.